Thursday, October 1, 2009
A mother's Amusement
As a mother it doesn't take much to amuse me. My children are my entertainment and being a mother is my greatest accomplishment in life. I pride myself on my children's eating habits. Chris and I always said we would not cook 2 meals; 1 for us and 1 for our children and to this date we haven't. My kids will eat almost anything; it's awesome! I always have fresh fruits and veggies on hand for them, they vary from week to week but there is something fresh and healthy in our fridge, always. This is why my food budget is outrageous, why would you charge so much for something so healthy-it makes no sense to me but what's a mom to do. Each week I mull through the produce section, typically buying what's on sale or what I know my kids want everyday. We always have grapes, apples, usually strawberries, salad, and carrots. This week I decided to buy tomatoes for our hamburgers. I usually forget these just because I'm not a huge tomato eater, I do like them but I'm not going to eat them by themselves. My children have a different outlook on tomatoes. Sweet Pea saw me walking through the kitchen with a plum tomato and she proceeds to climb my leg and jibber jabber the entire time. Obviously explaining to me why I should give her this beautiful tomato NOW! Because the jibber soon turned to screams. This sent my 3 year old running, afraid he's going to miss the chaos, in which time he proceeds to stuff his face with the freshly sliced tomatoes that I was preparing to give his sister. I took this moment to look at how deprived my children were! Mas chaos over a small veggie, yes they may cost $2.50 a piece but hey what are kids for. I must now figure out how to explain that we are entering "winter" and the fresh fruits and veggies just don't taste as well. I wonder if they care?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment